Professional school counselors are licensed professionals with masters’ degrees in school counseling and are uniquely qualified to address the needs of all students. They deliver a comprehensive school counseling program encouraging all students’ academic, career, and personal/social development thus helping students’ to maximize student achievement!
Counselors Help Our Children Find Success in School by…
- Helping develop positive attitudes among students towards self, family, and community.
- Counseling with students individually and in groups to understand and appreciate their unique qualities and to grow personally and socially.
- Supporting students by teaching skills for achieving success.
- Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as making healthy decisions, resolving conflicts, and respecting others.
- Assisting students to become invested in their school success by showing them how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with students, parents, and teachers to identify and remove barriers that may impede student achievement.
School Counselors Help Our Children Prepare for the Future by…
- Assisting students to develop personal awareness and explore personal goals.
- Helping develop communication and interpersonal skills needed to relate well to others.
- Providing a comprehensive and developmental guidance and counseling program that impacts all students K-12.
- To learn
- To work
- To live
In the 21st century.