Pinckneyville Community High School District #101 is located in Pinckneyville, IL, a small Southern Illinois community with a population of approx. 5600 citizens. PCHS serves the educational needs of students from the communities of Pinckneyville and Tamaroa along with the rural areas surrounding these communities. PCHS enrolls approximately 425 students in the 9 through 12 grades.
To do what is best for students.
The academic program at PCHS is a traditional 8 period day. Semester and yearlong class choices are available. Students are able to earn 4 credits per semester. We currently do not offer any AP courses; however, we do offer a variety of dual credit courses through the area Community College, Rend Lake College. Students are able to take advantage of the dual credit courses during the Junior and Senior years.
PCHS utilizes a four-point division system of grades for the majority of the courses with distinction for + and -. The dual credit English and Math courses (English 1101, English 1102, College Algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus) are weighted using a five-point scale. The grade numerical value follows:
Twenty-Eight (28) total credits are required for graduation from PCHS.The following classes are required for graduation.
1. Four (4) resident credits in English/Reading
2. Three (3) credits in each of the following areas: Math, Social Studies, and Science
3. Satisfy the Consumer Education requirement (Family Resource Management)
4. One (1) credits in Fine Arts
5. One (1) credit in Vocational Education
6. Physical Education (3.25), Health (.5), Drivers Education (.25).
600 East Water Street
Pinckneyville, IL 62274
CEEB Code: 143-480